Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Cause it goes on, and on, and on....




I’ve had like SO many random pre-mish tunes playing through my head this past week, and somehowthey always apply back to mission life…….. #suchasister


“It’s all about the climb…..”                                                                                                check.

“Doesn’t mean you’re gonna die, ya gotta get up and try, and try, and try…..”                   check.
  
“This is life in color, today feels like no other…..”                                                                check.
  
“This is how we roll…..”                                                                                                     check.

“Cause it goes on and on and on…..”                                                                                  check.




Talk about a soundtrack to my life…….




#missionarystatus





Well let’s GDTB………………….the first half of this week wasn't my kinda party. 


Woke up sick on P-day (of all days) and staggered around all day, expecting my head to either explode or roll off at any moment.


M.I.S.E.R.A.B.L.E.


Managed to get through the next couple of days, forcing myself to take half a day to re-coup (btw…..I never thought in MY LIFE that it’d be hard to let myself take time to rest and relax………yea, try being a missionary…..it just about kills ya:)


All I could think that whole day between sucking on cough drops like they were going outta stylewas……….#lebroning



LOL



(Love the guy, buuuuutttttttt……..) haha


Anyways………so after half a week of being laid up, we were back on our feet and in business by Wednesday. Our week then started to pick up and we landed some sick service projects by the weekend.


Whiiiiiiiich…leads to more BIG NEWS:  We have a baptism next  Saturday!!!!


We have an investigator (of sorts), who removed her records from the church back when she was in high school, who’s decided thatshe wants to get baptized again!!!


RAISE. THE. ROOF.


We’re SO excited for her and got the chance to go over to her house on Saturday to help her clean for all her family and friends coming into town for the big day. There’s gonna be a lot of them since she comes from a Polynesian family of FOURTEEN.


And I thought my fam was big………lol!

We sorted and folded laundry for approximately 6 hours, and that was probably the funnest laundry party of. my. life. …….I evenlearned how to tie a Polynesian ie (ee-eh). 


#cultured


Sunday rolls around, and we got assigned to teach Gospel Principles…..again….since there’s not been a new teacher called yet.  So we browse the manual, and come to find, we’re teaching the Word of Wisdom.


STEEZY.



Aaaannnnndddd……..being girls…..…our minds hop, skip, and jump to healthy refreshments for effect.



How cute



So despite the fact that we accepted a “special invitation for a mission-wide fast on Sunday” we assume that the general world will appreciate our refreshments during class, FORGETTING……that it was actually Fast Sunday for everyone.


Yea……………………………………….that’s just awkward.


We went as far as dishing up dip, chopping up veggies and fruit, and artistically displaying fruits and nuts on platters…….before church……in the church kitchen...before sitting down in Sacrament Meeting and hearing the bishopric member invite the congregation to share testimonies……..



#missionaryfail



Hey, at least we were fasting, right………



I now convinced that having to teach a Word of Wisdom lesson on Fast Sunday is just plain rude ……...  #mormonproblems :) lol!  


We also got a text from one of our investigators this week, asking if we wanted to accompany her to Costco to shop for “service”…..yea…that’s Buffalo Grove for ya. But hey, I’m never one to turn down a Costco trip…..so we loaded up and went along to do the “heavy lifting” in the store.



(Tangent…….I had a business college professor who told me that when the 2nd Coming happens, he’s not going to the temple or the stake center…..he’s going to COSTCO.  Yea, I might do the same…..e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. you could possibly want is in Costco……even free samples ………..just sayin;)



After we’d filled a shopping cart (half of which was on the shopping list, half of which was a result of Costco’s good marketing skills;), we loaded up the car and headed back. We weren’t even out of the parking lot, before our investigator asked, “So, do you have a message for me??”


Why don’t you just asked to be baptized while you’re at it??


We jumped on the opportunity, and started sharing a message with her about the Plan of Salvation. That morning in personal study, I’d received the prompting to ask her what she’d ask the Savior if she had an hour to sit down and talk with Him.

Sounded like a weird question to ask someone when it first came to mind, but He said go, so I didn’t say no:) Sure enough, it turned into an incredible conversation. She opened up to us about challenges and questions she was facing, and sure enough, the spirit took over and though I knew I wasn’t qualified or experienced enough to answer her questions and concerns, the Lord gave me the words to say!



It’s was POWERFUL!!!!


As a missionary, it can sometimes be easy to doubt yourself. But what I’m learning is that all God requires of me is to be worthy.


If I can try my best to be close to the spirit, then He takes the reins and shows me what to do and what to say.



No missionary is perfect.



No missionary will ever be perfect.


I’ll certainly never be perfect, but I’ve come to see how the Lord can perfect me, if I trust Him.



We had Sisters Conference on Thursday and the theme was, “Becoming Perfected Through Him.” It was such a b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u.l. topic. I realized sitting there that the impossible task of being perfect is possible only through Jesus Christ, but that it is possible!



It takes effort on our part, but it also requires turning the rest over to Him, and letting Him make up the difference.






 Onward and upward,


Sister Anna Parker






Trinity, a wardie (and my sistah at heart:)



My mission momma, Sis Robison...... <3 her!



P-day at Auntie Anne's;) and yea.....it was Sis B's first time........and that's why I don't live in Manti;)



More medical bands......i should start a collection

No comments:

Post a Comment